Trusted by Observatories to Clean the
World's Largest Telescope Mirrors
First Contact™ removes dust and contaminants from delicate surfaces, restoring maximum reflectivity to giant telescope
optical systems such as:
- W. M. Keck Observatory - 1.8 meter hexagonal
- European Southern Observatory - meter class
- Spirit II Telescope
- Maunakea Observatory
- LuLin Observatory
- Hong Kong Space Museum
- Military optics
depots with telescope mirrors from 8 inches to 142 inches
Why Use First Contact
- Safe for use on the primary mirror, secondary mirror, corrector plate, mirror coated and aluminum coated surfaces, and small optics like the eyepieces and camera lenses.
- Simplifies mirror care and cleaning! No moving the mirror, no lifting the mirror, no touching the mirror.
- Gives you the ability to clean the mirror in the telescope, eliminating the need to remove the mirror from the mirror cell or the telescope. Why risk handling the most delicate and most expensive component of your telescope if you don't need to?